Make Your Own - Caramelized Broccoli With Garlic
There are numerous healthy and delectable ways you can cook broccoli. It can be a great addition to the main course, an excellent side dish, or a delightful and quick snack. Other than being tasty, broccoli is widely considered as an anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting superfood.
Broccoli, like cauliflower, cabbage, and kale are cruciferous vegetables.
It contains a compound called sulforaphane that actively kills cancer stem cells, boosting the body's protective enzymes and flushing out cancer-causing chemicals. It is also rich in vitamins C and K, folate, fibre, and antioxidants.
Sauté it with garlic, roast them with olive oil or even cook it in a soup, either way, it is a delicious way to fight cancer!
Here is a quick and easy vegan broccoli recipe you can try at home today!
Caramelized broccoli with garlic
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 heads of broccoli (1 1/4 pounds total), stems peeled and heads halved lengthwise
1/2 cup water
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Pinch of crushed red pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
2. Add the broccoli, cut side down, cover and cook over moderate heat until richly browned on the bottom, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the water, cover and cook until the broccoli is just tender and the water has evaporated, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with the garlic and the crushed red pepper and cook uncovered until the garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Season the broccoli with salt and black pepper, drizzle with the lemon juice and serve.